For all those party hosts out there…here is a fun way to spice up your next party! Gather these simple-to-find materials and follow these instructions to make your own Tissue Paper Tassel decor!
– four different packets of tissue paper (depends on the color schemes and how long you want your tassel- I made my mine approx. 6 feet)
– hot glue gun
- Take two sheets and fold it in half horizontally
- Cut the sheet in half
- Once the sheet is cut in half, fold it vertically in half
- Here comes the tough part. Once it’s folded in half, slowly cut slits, 1 cm in width, leaving about 3 inches of space on top.
- Once it’s cut- it’ll look like photos 5 and 6 below.
- Unfold one sheet at a time so the tassels don’t tangle up. Lie it down flat on a table and start rolling from the center- until you have a long tube with fringes at both ends (starts from photo 6) and the end result should look like photo 7.
- Once you have the center rolled up, start twisting them to secure and make a loop in the center so it’s easy to tie into the ribbon later. I used hot glue to glue the twisted portion to make sure the tissue paper does not unwind.
- Repeat the above steps until you have enough colors for your garland
- The bottom row of photos below are the end results!